Midtown Detroit is a great place to live, work and play. WSU welcomes interns who wish to reside on the campus of Wayne State University during their internship. We offer, safe, convenient and affordable housing from May 14 through August 13, 2017 for interns who are employed in Detroit and the surrounding areas. Interns are required to contract for a minimum of 30 consecutive nights. The link to the online application with rates can be found below.
The spring/summer residence hall for interns is the Leon H. Atchison Hall. :
- extra-long twin beds
- desks and closets
- private baths
- air conditioning
- on site laundry facility
- community kitchenettes on odd numbered floors
- staffed 24 hour reception desk
- card access entry system
- wireless Internet access
- complimentary guest internet access
- option to purchase linens
- option to purchase a meal plan and Warrior Dollars
- option to purchase a parking pass
- option to purchase a Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center pass
Additional information regarding Housing & Residential Life may be found at www.housing.wayne.edu. Rate information is available by clicking apply here at the bottom of the page. Wayne State has adopted a smoke and tobacco free policy for all campus indoor and outdoor spaces.
When submitting your contract for intern housing you will need to provide two documents.
- Documentation from your current academic institution verifying your student status. This can be a Winter or Fall 2016 class schedule or a letter from your Admissions, Registrar, or Dean of Students. Transcripts are not required. Enrollment at Wayne State University is not a requirement for intern housing.
- A letter from your internship employer verifying your employment. A copy of your offer/acceptance letter will suffice.
If you are a Quicken Loans intern, your employer will email you the application link. Do not use this link to apply for housing. Still have questions? Contact Mrs. Chris Bowen at 313-577-7869 or email at email@example.com.