Wayne State University

Aim Higher

People laughing and reading for some reason
Girl Studying

Moving into an Unfurnished Apartment

Undergraduate Furnished Apartment-Style Housing

Residents who are moving into our furnished undergraduate apartment-style housing on the 12-15th floors of DeRoy should refer to the Residence Hall Move-In page for information about your move-in process.

Unfurnished Apartments

Your apartment Community Director and other hall staff will be available to welcome you to your new home and assist you with any questions you may have. The following information will help prepare you for moving in.

Moving In

At this point you’ve completed our on-line application process, paid your application fee and security deposit, received your assignment letter and have paid the amount you owe by the deadline stated in the letter. On your assigned move-in date you will pick up your apartment key and complete some check-in information. A member of the apartment staff will complete a walk-through with you, in order to assess the condition of your apartment and record information on a Room Condition Report (RCR). Your participation in this inventory is required. The RCR will form the basis for assessing charges for damages or missing university property during move-out. Both you and the staff member must sign the completed inventory sheet during move-in and again at move-out.

What WSU Provides

Your apartment will have blinds on the windows, and a refrigerator and stove.

What Not to Bring

  • Halogen lamps
  • Candles, incense, oil lamps or any objects that display an open flame or coil
  • Space heaters
  • Air conditioning units –unless specified
  • Portable washers or dryers
  • Chest/deep freezers
  • Water beds/lofts
  • Pets
  • Wireless routers
  • Wall mounted televisions

For a complete list of prohibited items as well as important Housing policies and procedures, review our Apartment Community Living Guide.