The Towers Residential Suites is an 11 story tower, with views as far as the Ambassador Bridge. The majority of rooms are suite style, containing up to four bedrooms attached to a shared living space. There are also a limited number of single rooms. Undergraduate, graduate and professional students are all eligible to live in this building.
The Towers Residential Suites also houses the following special interest communities:
- Honors Community – A community reserved for residents who are admitted into the Wayne State University Irvin D. Reid Honors College. (There is typically 1 floor of Honors students per year.)
- 24-hour Quiet Hour Community – A floor for students who are interested in a quiet living environment. Residents are required to sign and abide by the 24-hour Quiet Hour policy agreement.
- 21 and Up Community – A community for residents who are 21 and older, and looking to live with other older students.
- Graduate Community – A community of residents who are all graduate level.
- International Community – For students who are interested in living with and/or learning about those who come from other cultures or geographic areas.
Towers Residential Suites Features
- Rooms available to accommodate students who are physically disabled
- Live-in professional staff and student resident assistants
- Towers Café
- Free Internet access, including wireless
- Free Cable TV available
- Multiple social and study lounges on each floor
- Fitness facilities or laundry rooms on every other floor
- 24-hour staffed reception area
- Hotel-like card entry
- 400-person café-style dining facility
- Fitness facilities on the fourth, eighth, and tenth floors
- University Pharmacy, Freshens and FedEx/Kinkos
- Green spaces around the building
- Top floors reserved for graduate students
4 Person Suite: 2, double occupancy bedrooms, fully furnished with private bath.
4 Person Suite: 2 double occupancy bedrooms & shared living room, fully furnished with private bath.
4 Person Suite: 2 single occupancy bedrooms, 1 shared bedroom & shared living room, fully furnished with private bath.
4 Person Suite: 4 single occupancy bedrooms & shared living room, fully furnished with private bath.
2 single occupancy bedrooms in a two person suite with small living room, fully furnished with private bath.
1 bedroom, single occupancy, fully furnished with private bath. (limited number available).
Suite Style Layouts (PDF)
Building Contact Information
Front Desk Address & Phone Number
655 W. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202