Calling All Warrior Welcome Crew/ RAR Representative Volunteers!
The Office of Housing and Residential Life is looking for volunteers for move-in weekend. Volunteers may assist students in moving their belongings to their rooms, direct traffic and more! This year, interested volunteers can also request to assist with first-year resident orientation and other events during opening weekend!
As a volunteer you must attend training on Friday, August 26th (training will not be long, but for now, please keep all day Friday open - specific times will be announced later), and be available to work for a 6-7 hour shift on both Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th. If you are selected you can move in early on Thursday, August 25th.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT:
My responsibilities will include:
- Moving into my assigned room or apartment on Thursday, August 25th, 2016, between the hours of 10am and 4pm (On-Campus Volunteers Only).
- Attending a mandatory meeting on Friday, August 26th, 2016 at a time and location to be determined for on campus residents, off campus students, student organizations, faculty staff, and community members.
- Providing support on both move in days: Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th. Volunteers will also provide move in prep support on Friday, August 26th if necessary.
- Working designated 6-7 hour shifts EACH DAY that will be assigned at random by housing staff
Tasks that can be assigned to you include, but are not limited to:
- Decorating common areas of buildings both indoors and outdoors, setting up and tearing down all necessary materials needed for move in. (i.e. tents, tables, chairs, signs, balloons, etc.), watching belongings, pushing carts, moderate lifting, working check in tables, and other duties as assigned. Tasks will be assigned by housing staff.
- WWC volunteers must wear specified attire while working on Saturday, August 27th, 2016 and Sunday, August 28th, 2016.
Specified attire consists of:
- Warrior Welcome Crew T-shirt (Provided by The Office of Housing and Residential Life)
- Bottoms with legs (i.e. Jeans, capris, shorts etc. If wearing shorts, they must be no more than 6” above the knee.)
- Closed toed shoes (i.e. no flip flops or sandals).
As a Warrior Welcome Crew participant, I understand that I am entitled to move in to my room early (on Thursday, August 25th) at no additional cost. In doing this, I am committed to the above stated responsibilities and understand that any violations of the terms of this agreement will result in an automatic penalty of being charged the early move-in fee of $50.00 per day. Violating the terms of this agreement may also make me ineligible to participate in Warrior Welcome Crew events in the future. There will be no meal provided on Thursday, August 25th, and one meal on Friday, August 26th. You will be provided with meal tickets on Saturday, August 27th, and the dining hall will open for Sunday, August 28th. Volunteers are invited to attend the freshmen barbeque on Saturday, August 27th, from 5pm-7pm. Completing the form below indicates that I understand and agree to all of the above details and responsibilities.
***Note: While we welcome all students, faculty, staff, and community members, some rooms for on campus students may not be available for early move in due to final move in preparation. This will be communicated to affected individuals as we receive this information.
If you are interested in participating in the Warrior Welcome Crew and the Respect-Accept-Reflect Campaign, please select here to complete an application.