How to request roommates
After completing your housing application and paying your application fee, the next step is to update your Roommate Profile.
- Go to the housing portal homepage, click on My Info on the upper menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear, select Roommate Profile.
- On the Roommate Profile page, set your privacy settings, contact info and update your roommate bio.
- If you would like others to be able to add you as a roommate, we recommend that you do not make your profile private.
- While you complete your profile and bio, it is important to be honest and share things that may be relevant in helping you find a roommate that will be a good fit.
- When you are satisfied with your profile, click the button Update Roommate Profile on the bottom of the screen. This will save your profile and complete this step.
- Remember, you can always come back to this page to update your profile as necessary.
- Next, to request a roommate, click on Roommate Selection on the upper menu. Select Roommate/Suitemates to begin the roommate selection process.
- Select the Fall 2020 semester and click submit.
- This will bring you to a page where you can search for your roommate by last name, first name or email.
- Enter one or all of these fields and click " Begin New Search" at the bottom of the page.
- We searched for "Warrior" and there was only one match so the system automatically selected them as a requested roommate.
- If there is more than one person with the same name, you will be presented with a list of people to choose from. Select the person you want to request as a roommate and submit.
- If you cannot find your roommate, please ensure they have a completed application. You will not be able to match with a roommate unless their application is complete and they have submitted their $125 non-refundable license agreement.
- After you've requested a roommate, you will be able to see the status of the request and also follow up with that person.
- You can remove the request, poke them to encourage them to accept, view their roommate profile, or even email them.
- Remember, you are not matched until the requested roommate accepts your request! You can request up to 3 other people to be a part of your roommate group.