Living and learning communities
If you opt into a living-learning community (Honors, Warrior Business, CFPCA, etc) or The Thompson, you will be assigned a room in that community. A representative from that community will reach out to you to place you into that community. Please do not continue with the self-selection process. If you choose to change your room or a pick a room in self-selection, it will remove your assignment from the community.
Warrior Business Community
Warriors Business Community - Big university, small community
Start building your network now as a resident of the Mike Ilitch School of Business Warriors Business Community.
The Warriors Business Community (WBC) offers an opportunity for a cohort of business students to live, learn and develop professional connections together right here on Wayne State's main campus in the heart of Midtown Detroit. For the 2019-20 Academic Year, the WBC will be relocated to the Anthony Wayne Drive Apartments. The WBC encourages community involvement, supports academic success and provides a fun atmosphere for students to form lasting relationships with other future professionals, as well as current business leaders throughout metro Detroit.
Advantages to joining the WBC
- Onsite advising and planning
- Academic and professional workshops
- Improv training to improve decision-making skills
- Study groups and tutoring
- Peer support from upper-level business students
- Increased student/faculty interaction
- Service learning opportunities
- Friendly competitions and contests
- Networking events
- Job shadowing and company tours
Incentives for Fall 2019 Freshmen
The first 40 Ilitch School Fall 2019 Freshmen to join the WBC will receive:
- $250 awarded toward tuition and fees at the end of the Fall 2019 semester for meeting the following requirements:
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours during the Fall 2019 semester toward a business major and achieved a minimum 2.25 overall grade point average
- Attended a minimum of four WBC events
- Met with an advisor in the Ilitch Business School Career Planning and Placement
- $250 awarded toward tuition and fees at the end of the Winter 2020 semester for meeting the following requirements:
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours during the Winter 2020 semester toward a business major and achieved a minimum 2.25 overall grade point average
- Attended a minimum of four WBC events
- Attended a minimum of one event sponsored by the Ilitch School Career Planning and Placement Office
- SPECIAL INCENTIVE: Students who earned both the Fall 2019 $250 incentive AND the Winter 2020 $250 incentive AND achieved a minimum overall 3.00 GPA, after both the Fall 2019 and winter 2020 semesters, will receive $1,000 toward tuition and fees for the Fall 2020 semester.
The College of Fine Performing and Communication Arts Community
The College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts Living Learning Community(LLC) is a place where you can EXPLORE, ENGAGE, and GROW during your first year as a WSU Creative Warrior!
EXPLORE – Monthly social, cultural and community service events on campus and throughout the city of Detroit!
ENGAGE – Meet fellow students in the college, get to know faculty on a new level and hear from VIPs such as alumni, the Dean and more!
GROW – Become an interdisciplinary student by learning from peers and experts in Art, Communication, Dance, Music and Theatre!
- First-year student to Wayne State for Fall 2019
- Pursuing a major in the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
- Planning to live in a residence hall on campus
- Complete the WSU Housing application and select the CFPCA Living Learning Community (LLC)
- Live on the CFPCA LLC floor in Atchison Hall or The Thompson
- Continue to pursue a CFPCA major during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Follow the CFPCA LLC Agreement on the CFPCA LLC application
If you have any questions about becoming part of the CFPCA LLC, please email Erin Wiseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.