Spring/Summer Housing Application
If you are 20 years of age or older and/or have junior standing and wish to live in the unfurnished apartments on a year-long agreement, view this information. Otherwise, continue reading.
You are filling out this application to live in spring/summer housing from Sunday May 7, 2017 – August 19, 2017. Spring only housing is available from Sunday May 7 – Wednesday June 28. Summer only housing is available from Tuesday June 27 to Saturday August 19. If you currently live on campus and will live on campus during the spring or spring/summer semester, you will remain in your current winter housing assignment until your spring or spring/summer housing assignment is ready. Once you complete the application and pay your $50 non-refundable application fee, you will be entered into a binding agreement to pay for housing from May 7, 2017 to August 19, 2017.
Prior to filling out your application, here are a few things to consider:
Housing options: Spring/Summer Housing will be located in the Deroy furnished apartments. Review the residence hall room/suite layouts and corresponding rates to determine your living preference. To review housing options, click here.
Roommates: If you want to live with a specific roommate(s), you will need their first name, last name, and their two letter four digit Access ID to place in the roommate selection feature of the housing application. Everyone who wants to live together must apply for housing and request each other in order for us to honor your request. Please understand that all requests cannot be honored.
Application fee: At the end of the application, you will be required to pay a $50 application fee. You will need your credit card or checking/savings account information to make this payment. You will not be eligible for a room assignment until you have paid the application fee.
Rates: Rates for Spring/Summer housing will be posted soon.
After you fill out your application and pay your application fee, you will enter a binding agreement with University Housing. You will be responsible for all costs for living in housing for the entire length of the Housing and Dining License agreement.
The only reasons you can cancel your license agreement are as follows:
- I can cancel for any reason within 14 calendar days from the day I signed my license agreement. I understand that after I have checked in and picked up my key to my residence hall or furnished apartment space that the 14-day cancellation period no longer applies.
- I can cancel if I graduate or I am no longer an enrolled student at the University. (Please note that enrollment in online courses or satellite campus courses count as being an enrolled student.)
- I can cancel if I participate in a student teaching assignment that is farther than 40 miles from WSU's Detroit campus.
- I can cancel if I participate in an out-of-state or out-of-country internship, co-op, or study abroad program.
- I can cancel if my medical documentation proves I developed a medical condition after signing my license agreement that campus housing cannot accommodate and prohibits living on campus. (Please note that the medical condition must be the student's and not a family member or a friend.)
Begin the application process to apply for the Spring Summer ONLY Housing Application