Not feeling well or need to quarantine?
Housing and Residential Life has a process for any on-campus resident who must self-quarantine in a university housing building. A resident who returns from travel or stopovers at any countries or areas with travel advisories set at CDC levels 2 and 3 , or who have been exposed directly to a confirmed case of COVID-19, must quarantine themselves for 14 days immediately upon return.
- Campus residents who believe they qualify for quarantine should notify the Campus Health Center (CHC) at 313-577-5041 to discuss their situations.
- Those who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 should contact the CHC or their primary care provider immediately to begin COVID-19 testing.
- Those who test positive for COVID-19 should alert the CHC and/or their primary care provider immediately.
- Those returning from domestic travel in areas with sustained community transmission of COVID-19 are encouraged to practice self-observation for the development of any symptoms and contact the CHC if they develop a fever or respiratory symptoms.
Students entering self-quarantine on WSU campus must:
- Notify Campus Health Center (CHC) to receive further guidance (313-577-5041).
- Watch for an email from Campus Housing with Self-Quarantine Instructions.
- You will be assigned to a room in which you can quarantine for up to 14 days and will follow WSU Campus Dining process for having meals sent to the room. Students must not leave their quarantine room.
- After the specified period, the student is to call CHC to confirm ending the quarantine.
- When the quarantine is lifted, the student is to verify their quarantine status with campus housing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org