How to apply
The information listed below is the process to apply for 2023-24 academic year housing.
We want students to be engaged in their room assignment and selection process. Please review the timelines related to your student status and class standing.
- The priority housing application process for the 2023-24 academic year is now available. This process is a priority application period and is only available to students currently living on campus.
- The 2023-24 academic year application for first-year students is now open.
- The application for all upperclass students and those not living on campus is also available.
The official communication method with students and staff is your Wayne State University email account. In order to be updated about the important university and housing information, ensure that you set up and check this email account daily.
When you apply for housing, you are signing a legally binding contract with Wayne State University. It is important that you review all the information, dates, deadlines, and policies outlined in the license agreement you sign.
- Under 18 Students: If a student signs the housing license agreement terms in the housing application while still under the age of 18, the student's listed parent/guardian will also need to review, agree to, and sign the license agreement. A housing application is not complete until the student's parent/guardian completes their portion.
4. Review different housing options and costs
Room and board rates are now available for the 2023-24 academic year. There are a variety of different types of housing that a student can choose from depending upon their class standing, age, and housing needs.
It is important that a student reviews the different rates related to each housing location and room type. There are a variety of cost options for students to choose from. Costs are listed for the academic year (August-May) and by semester. All housing and dining costs are billed by semester.
Living Learning Communities provide students a unique opportunity to connect with academic staff both in the classroom and with their housing community. Some communities are restricted to students within specific colleges.
Depending upon a student's class standing and housing location in which they select to live, different meal plans may be required. There are a variety of options to meet student's dining needs.
In order to complete the housing application, a $125 Non-Refundable Application Fee Payment is required. After payment is made, the student will receive an email receipt confirmation to their Wayne State email account.