How to apply
- Review Housing Application Timeline: The Winter 2019 Housing application is currently live. Assignments begin the first week of December.
- Set up WSU tech account & email account: The official communication method with students and staff is your Wayne State University email account. In order to be updated about important university and housing information, ensure that you set up and check this email account daily.
- Review different housing options: There are a variety of different types of housing that a student can choose from depending upon their class standing, age, and housing needs. Please review the different housing options.
- Review costs: It is important that a student reviews the different costs related to each housing location and room type. There is a variety of different cost options for students to choose from. Costs are listed for the academic year (August-May) and by semester. All housing and dining costs are billed by semester.
- Review License Agreement Terms: When you apply for housing, you are signing a legally binding contract with Wayne State University. It is important that you review all information, dates, deadlines, and policies outlined in the license agreement you sign.
- Reminder - If under 18 information your parent/guardian will need to review, agree to, and sign the license agreement. Your housing application is not complete until your parent/guardian completes their portion.
- Review Living Learning Community Options: Living Learning Communities provide students a unique opportunity to connect with academic staff both in the classroom and with their housing community. Some communities are restricted to students within specific colleges.
- Review Meal Plan Options: Depending upon a student's class standing and location in which they select to live, different meal plans may be required. There are a variety of options to meet student's dining needs.
- Apply & Make $125 Non-Refundable Application Fee Payment: After you make payment, you will receive an email receipt confirmation.