Preparing for quarantine/isolation
We know that having to quarantine or isolate can be a huge stress! We are here to make it as comfortable as possible. Here are some of the ways you can be prepared to quarantine/isolate, and how we will assist you through the process.
What happens if I have to quarantine or isolate as directed by the Campus Health Center?
- Watch your phone for a call from the Housing & Residential Life staff! They'll talk you through the process, relocation, items to pack, and will answer any questions you might have.
- Follow instructions provided by Housing & Residential Life for quarantine/isolation on campus. You'll receive a phone call and email to confirm all information.
- Fill out the Meal Delivery Form if you'd like meals provided by Dining Services
- Complete the Campus Daily Screener every day during quarantine/isolation.
- Answer the Campus Health Center when they contact you during your quarantine/isolation period.
- Communicate with Housing & Residential Life about any needs you have while in quarantine/isolation.
- When you're released from quarantine/isolation by the Campus Health Center, please wait to be contacted by Housing & Residential Life with further instruction for your return to your assigned room/apartment.
Items Provided in the quarantine/isolation room:
- Furniture: bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, dresser, wardrobe, lamp, trash can, and trash bags
- Linen Packet: sheets, blanket, towel, washcloth, shower curtain, pillowcase, and pillow
- Kitchen: refrigerator, microwave, oven, sink
- Toilet Paper
Preparing a quarantine/isolation bag (just in case!)
You may be in quarantine/isolation for up to 14 days. Please prepare and pack the following items for your temporary relocation:
- Clothing for 2 weeks
- Personal Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, brush)
- Personal Identification & Documents (driver's license/passport/etc.)
- Insurance Card (if applicable)
- Wayne State OneCard
- School Supplies (books, notebooks, study guides, computer)
- Personal Electronics & Chargers (phone, tablets, computer, handheld game systems)
We have partnered with WSU Dining to ensure that meals can be delivered while you are in quarantine/isolation.
- You'll be provided a link to sign up for meal delivery when we contact you about quarantine/isolation.
- Meal Delivery Times: All meals for the day will be delivered to your room from 12:30-1:00 pm.
- If you have a meal plan, each meal delivered will be deducted from your meal plan.
- If you don't have a meal plan and fill out the form below, you will be assigned and billed for a Block 45 plan at $329. This will be billed to your student account.
- This meal plan request form is checked daily.
The meal will be delivered outside your door at the designated delivery times. If you have any concerns about meals, you can always contact the front desk of your temporary Q/I room.