New unfurnished application
Thank you for your interest in living on-campus at Wayne State! We are grateful that you would like to continue or become a member of our community for the 2019-2020 academic year. Below, you will find some important things to remember as you fill out your application.
You are filling out this application to live in an unfurnished apartment from August 25th, 2019 through May 1, 2020. Once you complete the application and pay your $125.00 non-refundable application fee, you will be entered into a binding agreement to pay for housing from your August 25th, 2019 through May 1, 2020
Prior to completing your agreement, a few things to consider:
- You must be at least 20 years of age or at least a junior to live in an unfurnished apartment.
- Housing option: You have the option of choosing an unfurnished apartment in University Tower. See the apartment layouts and corresponding rates to determine your preference.
- You will have the option to apply for up to 3 different housing preferences but it is not required. If you decide you would like to apply for 3 different preferences, you will be assigned to the preference that becomes available first and you will be responsible for that apartment.
- All unfurnished apartments come with a stove and a refrigerator.
- Roommates are not required in an unfurnished apartment and a roommate(s) will not be assigned to you. If you choose to have a roommate(s) they must be at least 20 years of age or at least a junior.
- If you have a roommate(s) that meets the requirements please be sure to list their name and their banner ID number (starts with 004) when asked in the application. Everyone who wants to live together must request each other in order for us to honor your request.
- Rent is divided by the number of people in the APARTMENT, not the bedroom. If you do not have a roommate you will be responsible for the full amount of rent for the apartment.
- You will be billed through your Academica account. All non-registered students must pay monthly and will be billed through our housing system at commerce.cashnet.com/1housing.
- Unfurnished apartments do not have set move-in dates. You will be asked to provide a specific move-in date. We will try our best to accommodate your request. However, depending on availability we may not be able to grant your request. If you have a roommate (s) rent will start for everyone from the first day the first person moves into the apartment.
- All housing communications including assignments will be e-mailed to your Wayne State e-mail address. It is your responsibility to check your Wayne State e-mail frequently.
- Application fee: At the end of the application, you will be required to pay a $125.00 non-refundable application fee. You will need a credit card or your checking account information to complete your application. You will not be eligible for an apartment until you have paid the application fee.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to have my license agreement canceled by completing a Cancellation Request Form and submitting it to the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- I understand that submitting a Cancellation Request Form does not mean my license agreement is automatically canceled. My request is not approved until I receive written notification from the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- I understand that I do not have the right to cancel this license agreement unless I meet one of the following reasons:
- I can cancel for any reason up until June 30, 2019.
- I can cancel for any reason within 14 calendar days from the day I signed my license agreement. I understand that after I have checked in and picked up my key to my apartment that the 14-day cancellation period no longer applies.
- I can cancel if I graduate or I am no longer an enrolled student at the University. (Please note that enrollment in online courses or satellite campus courses counts as being an enrolled student.)
- I can cancel if I participate in a student teaching assignment that is further than 40 miles from WSU's Detroit campus.
- I can cancel if I participate in an out-of-state or out-of-country internship, co-op, or study abroad program.
- I can cancel if my medical documentation proves I developed a medical condition after signing my license agreement that campus housing cannot accommodate and prohibits living on campus. (Please note that the medical condition must be the student's and not a family member or a friend.)
- I understand that if I am approved for cancellation because I am no longer a registered student, and I reenroll at the university within the same academic year, my license agreement will be reinstated and I will be responsible for rent charges.
- If approved for cancellation, I understand that I will be charged for rent until the date I complete a proper checkout of my apartment and return my key.
- If I am not approved for cancellation, I understand that I am liable for my apartment rent for the spring/summer, fall and winter semesters as indicated in this agreement.
- I understand that, if I am permitted to cancel my Unfurnished Apartment and License Agreement for any reason, I will forfeit the entire $125.00 non-refundable application fee.
- I understand that if I am academically dismissed or medically withdrawn from the University it is my responsibility to request to cancel my license agreement by submitting a license agreement cancellation to the Office of Housing & Residential Life.
- I understand that in the event that I elect to move into off-campus housing and/or turn in my keys to the front desk during the term of this license agreement without written approval from the Office of Housing and Residential Life, I remain responsible for all license agreement charges for rent for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- I understand that all cancellation requests must be submitted to the Office of Housing and Residential Life, Wayne State University, 5221 Gullen Mall, SCB 582, Detroit, Michigan 48202 using the License Agreement Cancellation Request Form.