Join our team

Student Employment

Working on campus is an excellent way for students to earn extra money and gain skills for their future careers while living on-campus. A variety of student assistant and college work-study positions are available through the Office of Housing and Residential Life, including positions in our central office, at our building front desks, and in our dining halls.

For positions in Housing, you must live on campus, be in good disciplinary and academic standing, and maintain certain GPA requirements based on the position you apply for. You must complete an Employment Application Form and return it, along with your class schedule and resume to the building you would like to work.

Central Office

The Housing Central Office employs several students each semester to help with administrative work, customer service, answering phones & e-mails, and assisting our residents. Please contact the Central Office directly to inquire about any possible opportunities at or (313) 577-2116.

Building Front Desks

Desk Assistants 

Each housing building is staffed by student Desk Assistants at our full-time reception desks. Desk Assistants answer phones, help with mail & packages, assist residents with concerns or questions, ask for ID cards/ hall stickers, and check guests in. Our desk assistants are an essential part of our hall security by maintaining an awareness of residents/guests in the building. If you have any questions, please contact or speak with the Community Director of your on-campus building.

To learn more about the position and to apply, visit

Resident Advisor (RA) Selection Process

Under the leadership of Community Directors, and Housing and Residential Life Professional Staff Members; the Resident Advisor serves as a leader, role model, and liaison between Housing and Residential Life and on-campus residents. RAs will gain leadership skills, engage in on-going professional development, and help students in their community through a residential curriculum. In this position, RAs are required to actively participate in developing a strong sense of community within their buildings, create and implement educational programming, refer students to resources, and perform other responsibilities that promote the success of the residential community. 

For more information about the recruitment and selection process, please email

Towers Cafe

WSU Dining Services employs students in each of our cafeterias and other on-campus eateries in various foodservice positions. Dining Services works around class schedules, provides you meal compensation after a four-hour shift, and allows you to work up to 20 hours per week. Students interested should contact Dining Services with questions at (313) 577-7972.

Other Student Employment Options

Please visit Career Services on the first floor of the Faculty/Administration Building in room 1001, or at