Resident Advisor selection
The Resident Advisor selection process for the 2021-2022 academic year has closed
Resident Advisor Selection
The Resident Advisor (RA) is a member of the Office of Housing and Residential Life team within the Division of Student Auxiliary Services. The Office is committed to a comprehensive Residential Life program – one that blends academics with co-curricular activities to create a total educational environment in which all residents are assisted and supported while increasing their ability to be successful. RA's are essential in creating this environment. The quality of their efforts has a significant, direct bearing upon the quality of life experienced by all members of the University community.
Under the leadership of Community Directors, Associate Directors, and the Director of Housing and Residential Life; the RA serves as a leader, role model, and liaison between Housing and Residential Life and on-campus residents. In addition, the RAs will gain leadership skills, engage in on-going professional development, and help students in their community through a curriculum model. In this position, RAs will be required to actively participate in developing a strong sense of community within their buildings, create and implement educational programming, refer students to resources, and perform other responsibilities that promote the success of the residents.
Please be reminded that to fill an RA position is contingent on maintaining good standing academically, judicially, and financially with Wayne State. You must be a full-time student (12 credit hrs. per semester as an undergraduate, 8 credit hrs. per semester as a graduate student) and maintain a cumulative/semester grade point average of at least 2.75 as an undergraduate or 3.0 as a graduate student.
- Applicants MUST enroll in the Resident Advisor Recruitment course. The Resident Advisor selection process for the 2021-2022 academic year has closed.
- Applicants MUST participate in the RA selection process by following the instructions in the Canvas course and attending the individual ang group interview days.
- Must maintain full-time undergraduate (12 credit hours)/graduate (8 credit hours) student status with a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.75 for undergraduates or 3.0 for graduates for the duration of employment beginning of selection as an RA.
- Must obtain at least 24 credits by the end of the Fall/Winter semester prior to appointment
- Must commit one full academic year to the position.
- Must be in good financial standing with the University and the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- Must not be on disciplinary probation through the Dean of Students Office or on housing probation through the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- Must complete and sign a housing license agreement for the academic year in which a student is employed.
- No prior on-campus living experience required.
Any questions regarding Resident Advisor positions or the selection process please email WSU RA Selection.