First Year Resident Experience
Join FYRE and get the ultimate Warrior Experience!
Launching in the Fall 2021 Semester, the First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) is an exclusive living-learning community designed to accelerate your success as a student. FYRE calls the all-new Chatsworth Suites home and is located in the heart of campus. While your suite may be steps away from your classes, labs, libraries, and other helpful resources, the FYRE program brings even more resources, tools, and support right into your building. Join today by selecting the First Year Resident Experience on your 2021-22 housing application!
Benefits of FYRE
- Connect with other first-year students experiencing similar transitions to college.
- Direct access to university resources right where you live!
- Increased peer-to-peer support through your Resident Advisors and Peer Mentors
- Special events to help you connect with campus and build life-long friends.
Programs and resources
- In-hall office hours from the following resources:
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Academic Success Center
- Undergraduate Advising
- and more!
- In-hall peer support through Resident Advisors and Peer Mentors.
- Specialized academic success programming to kick start your success as a student!
- "Adulting 101" learning opportunities
Benefits of living in the newly renovated Chatsworth Suites:
- Newly-renovated historic building designed with the student lifestyle in mind.
- Large double-occupancy (two-person bedroom) suites with shared common areas.
- In-suite washroom and shower facilities.
- Spacious study lounges throughout the building.
- Social lounges with space for activities and featuring games like table tennis.
- Large community gathering spaces.
- Kitchenettes on each floor.
- Specialized dining options.